Saturday, April 2, 2016

Production Has Begun!

        Production on the 'Nightfall' opening has finally begun. After much planning and waiting, I took a little trip down to A1A near Las Olas in Fort Lauderdale. The filming took about 1 1/2 - 2 hours and is nearly complete. Now all I need are the final shots requiring an actor. To finish off the shoot, I will be filming in Pembroke Gardens as it is closer and gives off a similar vibe. With about a week till the opening is due, I now have to begin post-production while still in production. I am deciding on my production studios name and intro as those go before every film.
       Some things that I learned while out filming in public is that you have to be outgoing and not care what people think. It can sometimes be awkward while filming when people are staring at you. To get certain shots different body movements are required and to the average person this may be a little strange. I had numerous people ask me what I was filming and one lady even asked if I was alright. It takes a lot of mental blockage to break out of one's shell to film in public. I now have much more respect for people who do "vlogs" everyday as they are not only filming their surroundings but themselves with many people watching them. I am excited to begin the editing process for this opening and can't wait to share it when it is complete!

1 comment:

  1. You have encountered a common problem amongst amateur filmmakers. Next time, consider bringing along a friend to serve as location director.

    ReplyDelete