Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Storyboarding

        Storyboarding is a major part of pre-production for any film. A storyboard consists of "a panel or panels on which a sequence of sketches depict the significant changes of action and scene in a planned film, as for a movie, television show, or advertisement," as stated by dictionary.com. While a storyboard is essential, it can sometimes be a struggle for low budget film makers. With a higher budget, directors and producers can create the exact scene that the story requires. In the case of a student film maker like myself, it is hard to create the exact setting that the story requires.
        My storyboard (currently in the works) is hard to sketch due to the background being very inconsistent. While I plan to film on A1A in Fort Lauderdale, I cannot control what the scene looks like. If the city decides to plant more tree's while I am filming, then they can do that. Also, due to my film using many cinematic shots, it is hard to tell exactly the subjects I will be filming. I do know for certain how the film opening will end and that is easily storyboarded, yet the cinematic sequences can be a bit tricky to plan before hand. 


Quote:
  1. "Storyboard." Dictionary.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 29 Mar. 2016. <http://www.dictionary.com/browse/storyboard>.

2 comments:

  1. The route of mental health through movies is an interesting one as you have many options to show and portray it. I like how you established a backstory for your main character. That is only going to help you as a director in working with your actors and trying to display the best version of your envisioned character as possible. I would try to finish your storyboard and start filming quickly as you do seem to be taking quite a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can tell the immense amounts of research that you have put into this film has definitely created a creative viewpoint on the development of your film! I think the plot is very well developed and the research that you have posted on your blog has helped with this. I would like to see how your storyboard turns out as this will allow insight for those following it. Either way, I love the back story that you have provided for your main character, Ben Fields, and your reasoning for calling your film "Nightfall." Good luck on your project and I hope to see the final result!

    ReplyDelete