Saturday, March 26, 2016

Planning is Key

        Making any type of media, whether it be film, art, or even radio broadcasting takes much planning and hard work. As these past weeks have gone by, I have been planning a film opening that I believed would outshine any of my other pieces of film. Yet, with a little bit too much confidence, I continuously need to make more adjustments to my plans. I have thought of various locations without factoring in the time it takes to reach these spots as well as the potential for having to return to the locations in following days. This is making me believe that filming in a more local location would be a better choice as it gives me more freedom to return and not be rushed into filming all in one day. I can also use multiple locations for shooting and through the magic of editing, make them all appear as one seamless continuous setting and place. Film making continues to have its ups and downs as new challenges constantly abrupt the flow of things. I am learning that it takes much more energy to plan times and locations a lot more thoroughly than expected. I could only imagine a major shoot that takes months to film, let alone the probably years of planning and organizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment