Saturday, March 26, 2016

Gear


        Professional films require not only the right mindset and dedication, but a whole slew of expensive and technologically advanced equipment. The gear that I will be using for this film opening will include a Canon T5i, a Rode microphone, as well as a shoulder rig. The software's that I will be using are Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects. While this gear is by no means the best of the best, it is as professional as it gets without braking the bank. I will also be shooting and editing the entire piece alone with little help. It is a large task yet I believe that I can get the job done. Many of the techniques I am using are not easy to master and I have been practicing already for a little bit. Major productions use some of the top gear and techniques which is where much of the budget comes out of. For example, a film such as The Hobbit used over 40 Red cameras, all costing over 50 grand separately. Attempting to produce your own piece of film really gets a person understanding all of the dedication needed for massive productions.


Image Credit:

  1. http://shop.usa.canon.com/wcsstore/ExtendedSitesCatalogAssetStore/32251_1_l.jpg
  2. http://cdn2.rode.com/images/products/videomicpro/gallery/1.jpg
  3. http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_416025_1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the film and how much thought you put into the backstory and character of Ben Fields. The research you did on PTSD will help tremendously in allowing your actor to fully immerse himself into the character. I think the casting of this role will be critical in the overall production. Have you thought about holding auditions for the character? Since the film opening is entirely character-driven, I think this would be extremely helpful! The film has enormous potential and I think the right actor can take it to the next level!

    In addition, the equipment that you have will help in creating a high quality production. As you mentioned, you may run into difficulty with shooting in the dark. However, the research that you have done to avoid having this problem will definitely help in creating a beautiful piece. I look forward to seeing the final product!

    ReplyDelete